Library Resources for First-Year Law Students
Finding Library Resources
- Using the Library Catalog
- Westlaw, Lexis Advance, & Bloomberg Law
- Accessing Other Databases
- Course Reserves
- Past Exams
You can search for books, e-books, videos, and articles in the library catalogs. For best results, search both the law library catalog and Lied Library's catalog. Here are links to both catalogs:
- Law Library Catalog: https://law.unlv.edu/law-library (scroll down and select the "Search the Catalog" tab)
- Lied Library Catalog: https://www.library.unlv.edu
Law students may access Westlaw, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law. Registration information is provided during the Introduction to Law week. If you need help with registration, please contact Lena Rieke, Law Library Fellow, at email@example.com.
In addition to Westlaw, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law, law students may access other databases through the law library website (if you are on campus) or My Boyd Law (if you are off campus).
If You Are On Campus
Go to the law library website (https://law.unlv.edu/law-library) and select Full List of Databases under the Databases tab.
If You Are Off Campus
Log in to My Boyd Law (https://portal.law.unlv.edu). Click Menu on the top left corner and select Library to see the list of databases.
Print materials placed on reserve by Law School faculty can be searched by course name, course instructor, or course ID in the law library catalog.
1. Go to the law library website (https://law.unlv.edu/law-library). Click the Search the Catalog tab and select Advanced Search.
2. For Search Scope, select Course Reserves from the dropdown menu. Click Any field to narrow your search to course name, course instructor, or course ID.
Digital copies of some past exams are available. To access these exams, please follow this link (you will first be prompted for your My BoydLaw username and password). Alternatively, you may log into My BoydLaw, then click Menu -> Library -> Past Exams. The exams are organized under the instructor's last name, then by the title of the course.
- Last Updated: Sep 16, 2019 6:50 PM
- URL: https://law-unlv.libguides.com/library
- Print Page