Library Resources for Incoming Law Students
Reference & Research Assistance
Need help? Ask a reference librarian! Our reference librarians hold both JDs and graduate degrees in information science and are available to assist law students in locating sources, using databases, developing research strategies, and finding a wide variety of information.
Law students can reach a reference librarian by visiting the library reference desk, calling 702-895-2420, submitting a request online, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting any of the library faculty directly.
Circulation and Interlibrary Loan
Checking Out Materials
- In general, law students may check out circulating materials for three weeks. Students may renew items online for two subsequent three-week periods.
- Exception: the circulating materials in the Reserve Room may be checked out for three days. In addition, they do not circulate during finals.
- Late fees are assessed on materials returned after the due date.
Materials not available in the Law Library's collections may be accessed at Lied Library or other campus libraries. Please consult the University Libraries catalog.
Other Materials for Check Out
For your convenience, the library also provides the following items for check out
- Whiteboard markers and erasers
- Space heaters
If You Are Looking for an Item Not Available at UNLV
- Interlibrary loan requests may be made for materials not available on campus by submitting the online form.
Student Lounge and Computer Lab
The library also houses the Student Lounge and a computer lab for the exclusive use of our law students. To access, please use your proximity card.
The Student Lounge has study space, TVs, a Keurig machine, a water dispenser, and a book scanner for your use.
The computer lab has three computers and a printer. You'll need to use your Rebel Card to release print jobs. There is also a Lexis printer in the lab that will print Lexis materials for free. For information on printing, please see https://www.it.unlv.edu/computer-labs/about/printing-scanning
There are 11 study rooms located throughout the Law Library for law student use.
- Study rooms may be reserved online via My BoydLaw. If a room is not reserved, it is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Online reservation is recommended, especially during finals.
- Check in at the Circulation Desk and show your Rebel Card to obtain a study room key.
- Study room use is limited to 4 hours per day. This is strictly enforced during finals.
- If you have questions, please contact the Circulation Desk at 702-895-2400
- Last Updated: Aug 11, 2022 11:34 AM
- URL: https://law-unlv.libguides.com/library
- Print Page